Important care instructions for your Illusions garment:
We take pride in having quality fabric so here are a few easy tips to keep your garments looking great! But remember, shiny, specialty fabrics will dull and fade with repeated wear and washing. Aerosol products containing alcohol, deodorant, and perspiration can wear down the fibers. Perfumes and body lotions can also affect the fabric.
Caring for your activewear.
How to care for your Illusions swimwear:
• Rinse your Illusions suit in cold water immediately after each use to remove as much chlorine as possible.
• Wash your suit; plain water does not remove all the salt or chlorine. Refill the sink with water and add a tablespoon or less of liquid detergent or dishwashing liquid. Don’t use powders because they may not dissolve completely or rinse away well.
• Squeeze out excess water or roll suit up in a towel (do not wring).
• Do not wash in a washing machine, even if using a mesh laundry bag.
• Never use bleach.
• ALWAYS let the suit air dry; either hang or lay it flat to dry. Keeping it out of direct sunlight
• NEVER leave your suit in a plastic bag or in your gym bag wet.
• Mildew will cause premature deterioration of your swimwear.
Be sure to purchase the size that fits you best. Loose fitting suits do not wear as well as suits that fit close to the body.
Turn garment inside out and individually hand wash in a large sink of cold water. Use a handful of table salt in the water to clean and sanitize the leotard. This will also help set the color of the fabric to avoid running or bleeding. Remove the leotard immediately, do not let it soak. Lay the leotard out on a towel and roll it up to pull out the majority of the water. Hang to dry on a thick coat hanger.
Things not to do for specialty fabrics like; mystique, metallic, hologram or leotards with rhinestones.
• Do not machine wash.
• Do not place in dryer.
• Do not wring, rub fabric together, or over-agitate the fibers of your apparel.
• Do not use bleach, abrasive granulated detergent or OXYCLEAN.
• Do not use fabric softeners.Do not iron or dry clean.
• Do not dry in the sun.
• Garments containing light and dark colors may bleed.
How to care for all other types of fabric:
Turn garment inside out and machine or hand wash separately in cold water on gentle cycle. Salt water is still recommended to keep colors bright. Remove immediately, do not let it soak, and tumble dry on low heat or hang to dry.
Illusions will not guarantee any garment that is not washed or dried as directed.